New York: At least seven people blockading the entrance to L-3, a military and intelligence contractor which had interrogators at Abu Ghraib, were arrested this morning, in a protest that had the support of a couple dozen early morning antiwar protesters.Larger actions are happening in the national capital and the capital of the Left Coast…Washington: Civil disobedience at the IRS, multiple locations to follow.San Francisco: A network of mobile protests, office blockades, and a die-in closing Market St. at the moment is going on. News is available by radio at 102.5 FM in SF, and online at radio.indybay.org and the SF Bay Independent Media Center. Read the plan from Direct Action to Stop the War.
- RT @YourAnonNews: Pentagon estimates the "war on terror" to last another 10 to 20 years, or whatever, give us lots of power and money: http… 11 hours ago
- Environmental causes of cancer are a serious, growing problem. US survey of the research: deainfo.nci.nih.gov/advisory/pcp/a… 19 hours ago
- In misogyny-a-thon, founders of "left" @CounterPunchOrg re-publish 2001 article where they speculate on Angelina Jolie's breasts. 20 hours ago
- While I'm interested in env'l causes of cancer, the "For Angelina Jolie, Mutilation Amounts to Prevention" gets the numbers wrong. 20 hours ago
- Bolivian public workers, miners, factory workers in 12th day of strike demanding better retirement erbol.com.bo/noticia/social… 1 day ago
- The Bolivian news sources I use are owned by state (Cambio, ABI), community orgs (Erbol), capitalists (most others). h/t @Maysa1982 1 day ago
- Bolivian government declares public worker strike illegal. la-razon.com/economia/Gobie… #labor 1 day ago