New York: At least seven people blockading the entrance to L-3, a military and intelligence contractor which had interrogators at Abu Ghraib, were arrested this morning, in a protest that had the support of a couple dozen early morning antiwar protesters.Larger actions are happening in the national capital and the capital of the Left Coast…Washington: Civil disobedience at the IRS, multiple locations to follow.San Francisco: A network of mobile protests, office blockades, and a die-in closing Market St. at the moment is going on. News is available by radio at 102.5 FM in SF, and online at radio.indybay.org and the SF Bay Independent Media Center. Read the plan from Direct Action to Stop the War.
- RT @Dymaxion: No one will hand us these things. It is not in the corporate interest. The state does not find it convenient. 6 hours ago
- RT @Dymaxion: If we want to be able to talk to our friends, lovers, and strangers without fear, we must take that too. 6 hours ago
- RT @Dymaxion: If we want to have a global cultural heritage at all, let alone one that's not comprehensively monetized and locked down, we … 6 hours ago
- RT @Dymaxion: If we want an global Internet for humans, we must take it from the companies and the states and build it ourselves. 6 hours ago
- RT @Dymaxion: The reality is simple: no existing state really supports freedom of expression and association. If we want those things, we m… 6 hours ago
- RT @Dymaxion: We will need every tool, every resource, & every ally that's genuinely with us in this fight, and that means the law too, whe… 6 hours ago
- RT @Dymaxion: And we must do so in full knowledge that every human matters, that everyone's suffering is equal, and that we live and die as… 6 hours ago